|© Stock Free Images|
Paul Spiegelman, CEO of BerylHealth suggests that preparation is key to turning a good worker into a great manager. Consider Spiegelman’s “Must-do” list to set your newly promoted leader on the path to success:
- Give them a mentor for a period of time.
- Invest in either internal or external training.
- Guide them in how to be an example to others.
- Teach the difference between management and leadership.
- Check in often to help them with new issues they'll deal with.
- Make sure they enjoy the new role.
Source: Inc. Magazine